Higher Ground has worked with the Red Cross since Tropical Storm Irene. The Red Cross has tools to help you be as prepared as you possibly can be for potential disasters and other emergencies. These events can strike suddenly, at any time and anywhere. There are three actions everyone can take that can help make a difference.
Be Red Cross Ready Checklist
- I know what emergencies or disasters are most likely to occur in my community.
- I have a family disaster plan and have practiced it.
- I have an emergency preparedness kit.
- At least one member of my household is trained in first aid and CPR/AED.
- I have taken action to help my community prepare.
Are you Red Cross Ready? (Click “Create Your Own Kit” to calculate what your family needs in an emergency)
More Information from the Red Cross: